Feb 21, 2009

Surgery (First time ever!)

Friday morning at 9 AM, we checked in at the hospital. I was nervous, but I knew that surgery, in the long run would be the best thing to do for my knee. After getting checked in, we were walked down to the waiting area, and then immediately called into the pre-op room. The nurse gave me a gown which was about 6" too short, and so Marci decided it would be funny to take a picture. The nurse then put in my IV, which if you've never had one, is like the worst thing in the world. Then my knee was shaved and marked with a purple marker. Marci went to wait in the waiting room, as my bed and I were wheeled into the operating room. The room was pretty big, and white, with a lot of lights and tables. I laid down and they strapped my arms down, one taking my blood pressure and the other with the IV. The anesthesiologist, without much delay, gave me some oxygen to breathe, and and then said to give him about 6 deep breaths. On breath 4, he said that I'll be out in about 10 seconds. I could actually feel the goo entering my arm and making its way to my heart. As things started getting dark, I remember saying, "Goodnight!".

Next thing I remember is waking up in the post-op room, and feeling my leg in a LOT of pain! I told the nurse and she gave me a muscle relaxer, though she did put it in my right leg, which wasn't the leg that hurt.... Marci came in and showed me some love, while I dozed in and out of consciousness. We made our way out to the car, and eventually home. Since then I've been laying around on the couch, only getting up to go to the restroom. My pain levels aren't too high, but every once in a while, I will jolt in my sleep and stretch my leg really bad. My mom was gracious enough to take Cosmo for the weekend, so that does make things a little easier.

Come and visit us, we'll be here all week! (Bring goodies...)








1 comment:

Cher said...

oh man! im glad the surgery went well but man hurting your knee sucks! im so sorry!