Oct 13, 2008

I almost forgot


I also made my own applesauce!  A couple weekends ago, I went with my family to pick apples at this cute little farm in Draper.  We brought home 3 bushels of red and golden delicious apples for a really reasonable price, and the best part is that the farm doesn't spray with pesticide, so the applesauce is totally safe for my baby to eat (what's that you say?  I still haven't blogged about the baby?  Patience, little ones).  We decided that last Saturday during conference would be the perfect time to cook, process, and bottle our creation.  Bad idea, by the way.  Never plan a large scale cooking or craft project during conference if you had planned on listening to it.  Don't even worry, we also made that mistake during the Relief Society general meeting.  Anyway, back to the story.  So my mom and my sister and I gathered together and what we made was pure magic.  It was so easy, you just have to have the right equipment- like a special strainer that separates the stem, seeds, and peel from the flesh of the apple.  It was a bit messy, so hopefully my mom won't remember that next year when it's time to bottle applesauce again!  I feel so domestic these days.

4 comments:

Jane Durham said...

you are so cute marc. How do you type marc without it looking like it sounds like mark? I don't know. anyway, I want to bottle applesauce and I want to learn your recipe for crock pot tomato roast! you ARE so domestic these days! can't wait to be back and be domestic with you. will you email me the recipes btw?

Jane Durham said...

also, Matt, I totally want to buy a camera, if you are still selling them in a little while...(doubtful, I know) let me know.

The Less Extreme Couponer said...

I love making homemade applesauce! It is hard to ever eat packaged again though. I am so jealous about your fresh apples though. Ever since I was a kid and watched "Puff the majic dragon" I have wanted to pick apples. I have never even seen an apple tree though, maybe some day! :) (I truly hope I am not revealing my age by mentioning that movie, please tell me YOU HAVE seen it. )

Asay Family said...

I am so happy for you! Congratulations on being pregnant and entering the mommy world! It is like the best thing ever!
I would love to attend your shower so please send an invite.
Jene' Asay
1500 South 1000 East Apt.B
Salt Lake City, UT 84105
I can't wait to see you all!
Where are you registered? Or will the invitation cover that?