Apr 21, 2008

70 Fascinating Things About ME!

So, I actually did have 100 things to say, but after an ordeal with copying and pasting I was left with only 70.  Enjoy!


1. I always start things, like books, clubs, movies, magazines, jobs, classes, projects, etc. and I can't seem to finish them. 

2. I am amazed and proud of myself for sticking with the most important things in my life, like Matt, college, church, friends and family!

3. I have the most incredible friends a gal could ask for. 

4. I have been in four car accidents, but only one was my fault.

5. I have actually touched the pyramids of Giza in Egypt.

6. My favorite cooking apparatus is the crock pot.

7. I am in love with reading, but I don’t do it often enough.

8. I have a list that started out as the 100 books that I wanted to read in my lifetime.  That number has grown to about 139, I think.

9. I am in the middle of three books right now (Endurance by Alfred Lansing, Little Women by Luisa May Alcott, and The Peacegiver by James Farrell), and they’re all fantastic!

10. I am so in love with my husband!

11. We have so much fun when we’re together.

12. Sometimes I feel guilty for being so happy.

13. He is always the first one to apologize-even when I’m wrong.  

14. He majorly outshines me in all things artistic and beautiful.  It’s shameful, really.

15. I don’t tell him often enough how much I appreciate him.

16. In my eyes, I am a great gourmet chef.  I am not sure if this is an illusion or reality.

17. Cooking, collecting recipes and cookbooks, and watching cooking shows are some of my very favorite pastimes.

18. I am quite thrifty, but sometimes I forget myself and spend money like it’s going out of style.

19. I really, really love my job and my coworkers.  I have never felt better about myself or the work I’m doing!

20. My degree is actually very useful.  Not only do I need it for my job, but I use little tidbits that I learned in school all the time to understand people and relationships better.

21. I aspire to be a Marriage & Family Counselor or a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.  Or a restaurateur.

22. Most of the things that I want to do professionally require post-graduate education.  And I really don’t want to go back to school right now.

23. I was beautiful as a little girl, and I modeled for some local company that I can’t remember.

24. I was not so beautiful once I hit junior high and high school.

25. I had braces until I was 19.

26. I love that I can reinvent myself a little bit every time I start a new job or make new friends.  I like to think that I become a better version of myself each time.

27. I usually pride myself on never getting sick.  This year, however, I have been severely ill at least six times.  I think I’m dying!

28. I didn’t get a real honeymoon, so for my first anniversary Matt and I took a five-day vacation to New York City .  On day two, we both got the flu and didn’t leave the hotel room until we had to go to the airport.

29. Traveling is another of my favorite things.  I have been to 16 foreign countries.

30. Before Matt and I got married in February of 2006, we had initially set the date for December of 2005.  We changed the wedding date, but we already had a Hawaii vacation planned with his family, so we went anyway.  Matt and I had to share a family suite (with two separate bedrooms, and doors that LOCK!) while his parents took the room that would have been ours.  Don’t worry, we got married in the temple, but sharing a room unsupervised for a week, while unmarried, is NOT easy. 

31. I broke up with Matt three or four times before we got married, and he likes to remind me of this fact often.

32. I am definitely the clingy one now.

33. I was pregnant and had a miscarriage last year.

34. Being pregnant is not very comfortable.

35. Having a miscarriage feels even worse.

36. I have a nine month old nephew, and a ten year old half-niece-in-law. 

37. I am pretty much always tired.  I never get enough sleep.

38. I can be really disgusting at times.  Like today, I ate a rotisserie chicken with my hands, because it was easier than using a fork and knife, and because nobody was watching.

39. I have a puppy.  He’s a beagle, and he’s crazy, but he’s probably the cutest dog in the whole country, if not the continent.

40. When I was younger, I wanted to be a history teacher.  Nevermind that history is not my best subject.

41. I also wanted to be an astronaut.

42. Or a flutist in the symphony.

43. Or a mathematician.

44. Or a chef (well, I still dream about that).

45. Or a lawyer.

46. Or an Olympic gymnast.

47. I dream big!

48. I have a really cool sister.  She knows everything about everything.  If I want to get an answer to a random question fast, then I call her.

49. I was extremely shy when I was little.

50. My first apartment was known as the Boo Shack, and I lived there with Shannon and Megan, the best roomies ever!  It was 0.4 miles away from my parent’s house, but I loved it!

51. Some of the best times of my young adult life happened there.  It’s where I first kissed my husband.

52. My next apartment was a cute townhouse in Cottonwood Heights .  It was three miles from my parent’s house. 

53. Those were not the best times, but I dearly love my roommates from that place.

54. One of my pet peeves is when people take food out of the microwave before the time is up, and they don’t clear the remaining minutes off the clock.  It haunts me.

55. I hate running, but I ran the Bryce Canyon ½ marathon a couple of years ago, and I’m going to try again this year. 

56. I always imagined that I’d marry a short, dark-haired man.  Instead, my hubby is blonde and 6’3”, and I love every inch of him! (sorry if that sounded gross…it wasn’t meant to be!)

57. I’ve always felt more mature than my age, and yet I still can’t believe how old I am and that I’m married.  It’s so weird!  Sometimes I miss being a kid.

58. I love music.  My favorite artists right now are Joss Stone, Corrine Bailey Rae, Yael Naim, Coralie ClementBelle & SebastianGoldfrapp, and Ingrid Michaelson.  Ask me next week and I guarantee it will be completely different!

59.Traditions are really important to me.  I absolutely have to do things like making a gingerbread house for Christmas.  Or making heart-shaped cookies on Valentine’s Day.   

60. I really love watching basketball.  No, I mean I really, really, love it.  My first date with Matt was a Jazz game, and we have gone to almost every home game this season.  We even went to a basketball game once while we were in New York City .

61. I become a different person when I’m watching basketball.  It’s kind of scary how into it I get.

62. I am so uncoordinated.  I could not hit, bounce, or throw a ball if my life depended on it.

63. I always said that I wouldn’t be one of those girls that “let themselves go” when I got married. 

64. I think I have gained about twenty pounds since I got married.  Poor Matt.

65.I have never used a lawn mower in my WHOLE life.  Does that make me lazy?

66. I am certain that I was destined to be a nursery leader.  I love those little people!

67. I love going on walks, especially when it’s nice and warm.

68. When I get scared, or nervous, or surprised, I feel a stinging sensation in my armpits, and I start sweating. 

69. I have a *tinycrush on the pharmacist at my neighborhood Harmons.  I told my husband about it once, and he always brings it up when we go there.

70. I started this list two weeks ago, and it’s taken me this long to find 70 somewhat interesting things to say about myself.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Marci, out of all of the lists Ive read so far, this is my favorite! haha, you make me laugh so hard! Especially about the fact you ate with your hands when no one was looking, and the stinging in the armpit...classic! Love you girly and miss your face!

Aaron said...

You love Matt's inch... That's funny. Sorry Matt. I thought it was true what they say about shoe size.